The five most important characteristics that are considered when selecting a brake pad material are as follows:
• The material's ability to resist brake fade
• The effects of water on brake fade (all brakes are designed to withstand at least temporary exposure to water)
• The ability to recover quickly from either increased temperature or moisture
• Service life as traded off with wear to the rotor
• The ability of the material to provide smooth and even contact with the rotor or drum (instead of a material that breaks off in chunks or causes pits or dents).
What is SHIELD brake pads taking care for?
There are a number of parameters you should to pay attention to while evaluating your new brake pads quality. All these parameters are usually linked to friction material formulation and manufacturing process. The brake pad manufacturers always have to balance their priority to deliver most sufficient product to end users for each vehicle class. For example, brakes for lorries works in very different conditions like temperature range and stopping power compare to small sedan cars. Or, fast accelerating sport-like vehicle and slow moving luxurious cars require very different features of brakes. Although most of aftermarket manufacturers produces there range of brake pads in one material formulation. As a result it definitely will cost some disadvantages in performance compare to individually selected formulation to each vehicle class. That us why you need to look into a number of thinks before concluding your brake pad quality.